San Diego '99
KornShell Programming: File I/O and Co-Processes
- Topic Area:
- Track: UNIX
- Topic: Hints and Kinks
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- William Smith
- Global Knowledge Network
- This session discusses several advanced KornShell programming techniques, including performing explicit file I/O operations and starting and using co-processes. Actual (useful) shell script examples will be presented.
- Write shell scripts that take advantage of advanced KornShell features to increase functionality.
- Write shell scripts that take advantage of advanced KornShell features to increase operating efficiency.
- Write KornShell scripts that become more effective problem solving tools.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Attendees should be users of the KornShell and have a basic knowledge of KornShell features, options, and control structures used in writing scripts.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|