San Diego '99
Writing OpenVMS Alpha Device Drivers (clinic)
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Software Applications
- Type: Clinic
06:00 PM Duration:
- Margie Sherlock & Lenny Szubowicz
- Compaq Computer Corporation
- This clinic is an opportunity for anyone writing OpenVMS Alpha
device drivers to talk to VMS engineers about specific aspects of
driver coding. It allows customers to ask in-depth questions about
any of the topics covered in the "Writing Alpha Device Drivers"
session or to talk about their own driver code (for example:
questions, problems, ways to do things better). If time permits,
we will review some of the new file-based techniques for
automatically loading VMS device drivers or some of the interesting
parts of the new PCI-based, DMA-driven OpenVMS Alpha example driver.
- Gain specific aspects of driver coding.
- Obtain in-depth answers to technical questions.
- Review some of the new file-based technologies
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|