San Diego '99
Windows NT Disk Fragmentation
- Topic Area:
- Track: Windows NT
- Topic: Data Management
- Type: Breakout Session
11:30 AM Duration:
- Vaughn McMillian
- Director of Technical Research, Executive Software International, Inc.
- This session examines aspects of Windows NT that contribute to fragmentation, and explains why fragmentation is an accepted consequence of basic principals of Windows NT design. It also presents and addresses the cost of fragmentation in terms of Windows NT system performance. Finally, alternative means to solve or eliminate fragmentation are explored. Advantages and disadvantages are presented for each prevailing defragmentation philosophy.
- How fragmentation occurs on Windows NT systems.
- How fragmentation affects Windows NT system performance.
- Proactive and reactive ways to reduce or eliminate fragmentation.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|