San Diego '99
Web Enabling Your OpenVMS Data & Applications
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Internet Technologies
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- John Apps
- Technology Consultant, Compaq Computer Corporation
- This session will focus on technologies to Web enabling both OpenVMS data and Applications (in a Windows NT/OpenVMS or pure OpenVMS environment), highlighting how you can continue to exploit your back-end OpenVMS systems' high availability features to participate in an e-business environment.
For customers considering the addition of Windows NT into their
environment, we will discuss how to design a rolling architecture that accomodates the integration of Windows NT into their OpenVMS
environment, keeping focused on customers' requirements for 24x365
This how-to talk will explain the steps necessary for designing
Web enabled OpenVMS environments illustrated with real-world
- Web enabling solution sets available today as well as case studies illustrating:
- Web enabling OpenVMS datasources using ISG Navigator to access Oracle, Oracle Rdb and RMS, etc. environments.
- Re-use of existing OpenVMS application logic for integration in an NT envirornment using wrappering technologies, including Compaq's BridgeWorks, Application Server Connectors, BusinessBus and IONA suites.
- Specific Compaq products available for Web enabling ACMS and
Who Should Attend: Solutions architects, application designers,
- Know the technologies to Web enabling both OpenVMS data and
applications in a Windows NT/OpenVMS or pure OpenVMS environment.
- Know the steps necessary for designing Web enabled OpenVMS
environments illustrated with real-world customer examples
- Know how to design a rolling architecture that accommodates the
integration of Windows NT into their OpenVMS environment.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Knowledge of Web technologies.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|