San Diego '99
VDE: The OpenVMS Source Code Control System
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Code Management
- Type: Breakout Session
11:30 AM Duration:
- Stephen Hoffman
- Principal Software Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- You will learn how Compaq OpenVMS Engineering manages the source
code of the OpenVMS operating system. In particular, you will
learn about VDE, the source code control system used within OpenVMS
Engineering. VDE is available on the OpenVMS Freeware.
- Describe how OpenVMS Engineering manages source code.
- Gain an appreciation for the complexity of large-scale source code development projects.
- Determine if VDE is suitable for your source control requirements.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- An interest in large-scale source code control.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|