San Diego '99
Using ISG Navigator to Web Enable Your OpenVMS Data
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Internet Technologies
- Type: Breakout Session
04:30 PM Duration:
- David Adel
- Product Manager, International Software Group
- This session is designed to demonstrate the development of Web-based and client/server applications using ISG Navigator distributed data access. Using Visual Interdev, the Web-based application will join data from RMS, SQL Server and Oracle. The client/server Visual Basic application will combine the data using ISG's hierarchical data control for true drag and drop development.
After attending this Workshop participants should be able to develop Web-based and client/server applications that access all types of OpenVMS and others data sources based on standard technologies for data base connectivity.
- Developing a simple Web-based application
- Developing a simple client/server application
- How to use ISG's data control to develop applications
- Accessing distributed data sources
- Applicable Application Tools and Languages
- Accessible Data Sources
Who Should Attend: Web and client/server application developers,
System Managers, Data Administrators
- Develop Web-based applications that access all types of OpenVMS and other data sources based on standard technologies for data base connectivity.
- Develop client/server applications that access all types of OpenVMS
and other data sources based on standard technologies for data base connectivity.
- Know how to use ISG's data control to develop applications.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Knowledge of application development, programming languages,
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|