San Diego '99
Tuning Oracle8 on Compaq Platforms
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Performance & Tuning
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- Saar Maoz
- Principal Performance Engineer, Oracle Corporation
- Learn about Oracle8i's new features and how to use them to achieve optimal performance of your database, specifically on Compaq platforms. We will cover tuning tips on Oracle8i and recent releases of the Oracle database. "Which Oracle initialization parameters should one use?" and "How do I know if my application's SQL needs tuning?" are a sample of the questions that will be addressed. Join this very technically intensive session and get your database 'up to speed'.
- Have clear set of ideas for Tuning their environment in all major areas: Disk I/O, Memory, CPU, Application SQL, Network.
- Understand the most important initialization parameters of Oracle.
- Understand some basic concepts and statistics maintained by the Oracle server.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
For experienced professionals in application development & system management; those working on large & complex systems
|Return To Top|