San Diego '99
Tuning OpenVMS Working Sets: Hints & Tips
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Performance & Tuning
- Type: Breakout Session
12:00 PM Duration:
- Wayne Sauer
- President, The PARSEC Group
- Tuning OpenVMS working sets are often neglected which is bad because AUTOGEN does not mess with most working set parameters. Therefore, if you count on AUTOGEN to try and tune your working sets, you can see that it will not happen. This session addresses some of the most common things that you can do to increase system performance by tuning working sets. So, come on down!
- Understand working sets and how they relate to the rest of the memory management entities.
- Correctly setting working set parameters.
- A good joke.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Understanding of general memory management concepts.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|