San Diego '99
Tuning OpenVMS I/O: Hints &Tips
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Performance & Tuning
- Type: Breakout Session
11:00 AM Duration:
- Wayne Sauer
- President, The PARSEC Group
- In this session we will be examining the most common problems found when dealing with tuning I/O on a VAX and solutions to those problems. Areas that we will discuss are:
* Components of a file transfer
* File system overview
* Determining when a disk is saturated
* Determining if there is fragmentation and how to fix it
* Paging and swapping file locations
* XQP and its associated caches
* The Joke of the Hour
- Understanding what is involved in an I/O and the directory structure.
- Correctly setting SYSGEN parameters related to I/O performance.
- Identifying if and what layered product could be useful in solving I/O bottlenecks.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Understanding of general I/O concepts.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|