San Diego '99
TruCluster 5.0 Installation, Upgrade and Management
- Topic Area:
- Track: UNIX
- Topic: Clusters
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Rochelle Lauer
- Director High Energy Physics Computing, Yale University
- This full day seminar presents technical information on how to install (or upgrade) and manage TruCluster 5.0.
This seminar provides an opportunity to view an installation and configuration in realtime. Hardware and Software (TRU64 UNIX 5.0 and TruCluster 5.0)is available so that attendees can see and manipulate the TruCluster data structures and files.
The seminar provides attendees with the opportunity to see how TRU64 UNIX 5.0 and TruCluster 5.0 are installed.
The seminar demonstrates how to configure the TruCluster 5.0 environment (cluster aliases, services, etc.) after initial installation.
Attendees have the opportunity to see how various configuration parameters affect a running system.
TruCluster is a limited environment (limited by memory channel)
and therefore clustered desktops (workstations) cannot participate in a TruCluster.
The seminar also presents how TruCluster 5.0 can become the
backbone for an expanded cluster environment that includes
desktops or rack mounted CPUs.
- Understand the Features TruCluster 5.0 Product
How TCR 5.0 Differs From TruCluster 1.6
How TRU64 TruCluster Differs From VMS
- Install TruCluster 5.0 or Upgrade From a Previous TruCluster
- Understand How to Manage a Unix Cluster of TruCluster Servers
or A Cluster of Desktops and TruCluster Servers
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- System Management Experience
Some knowledge of clusters (VMS or Unix).
- Required Skill Level:
For experienced professionals in application development & system management; those working on large & complex systems
|Return To Top|