San Diego '99
TruCluster 5.0 From VMS Users Perspective
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: UNIX Integration
- Type: Breakout Session
11:30 AM Duration:
- Rochelle Lauer
- Director High Energy Physics Computing, Yale University
- Some VMS sites need to migrate to UNIX for reasons including application availability and support. With the introduction of TruCluster 5.0 the TruCluster product appears to have many of the features of VMScluster.
This session provides technical information on TRU64 UNIX TruCluster for the VMScluster System Manager. The session contrasts and compares the features of VMScluster and TruCluster.
The session provides the VMS system manager with the information
necessary to make the correct decisions in migrating from VMScluster
or integrating a TruCluster with VMScluster.
In particular the session points out differences that need to be addressed before migrating applications from VMS.
- Compare the TruCluster Product with VMScluster
- Understand the Consequences of Moving VMScluster to TruCluster
- Understand How to Integrate TruCluster with VMScluster
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- VMScluster Experience
- Required Skill Level:
For experienced professionals in application development & system management; those working on large & complex systems
|Return To Top|