San Diego '99
Troubleshooting TCP/IP Networks
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Networks
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Robert Melford
- Hales-Melford LLC
- This seminar examines techniques for troubleshooting TCP/IP networks. Issues analyzed include IP transmission and routing failures, TCP session failures and DNS name/address translation problems. Tools covered include Ping, Traceroute, TCPDUMP, NSLookup and other useful resources.
Course examples are based on VMS (including TCPware and Multinet), UNIX/Linux and NT (Win2K) environments.
- Analyze DNS name resolution problems using the NSlookup tool.
- Analyze routing problems using the Traceroute tool.
- Analyze general network connectivity problems using the Ping, Traceroute, NSlookup, Telent, ARP tools.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Participants must be familiar with the IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, and DNS protocols.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|