San Diego '99
Troubleshooting DECnet and TCP/IP
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Networks
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Clyde Smith
- Vice President & Co-Founder, Creative Computing Inc
- Troubleshooting DECnet and TCP/IP is all about isolation and identifying problems with DECnet and TCP/IP. Bottom up and top down approaches to solving problems, working within outage windows, knowing when it's time to engage a backup and the tools readily available to solve some of the more common scenarios are covered.
Topologies with problem scenarios are utilized to teach a step by step approach to problem resolution. Is it a hardware problem? Is it a software problem? Is it a feature or a bug? How can you isolate the problem down to the smallest failing component? Reproducible versus one-time occurrences. All this and more in Troubleshooting DECnet and TCP/IP.
- Understand troubleshooting methodology
- Analyze and solve common DECnet problems
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Prerequisites: Individuals should have a hands-on knowledge of DECnet PhaseIV and/or DECnet/OSI, DECnet-Plus and TCP/IP.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|