San Diego '99
Troubleshooting the Advanced Server for OpenVMS
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Intergration w/Windows NT
- Type: Breakout Session
04:30 PM Duration:
- Michael Stewart
- Software Support Consultant, Compaq Computer Corporation
- This session covers the methods Compaq's Customer Support specialists use to troubleshoot the new Advanced Server for OpenVMS for issues such as: * Process crashes * Tuning * Configuration guidelines * Security problems * Client/server problems (hangs, timeouts, copy failures, etc.) Included in this session will be hints and tips at using supported and unsupported utilities for troubleshooting. Also included will be an explanation of all the different logfiles, their uses and interpretations.
- Troubleshoot their own PATHWORKS Advanced Servers at home.
- Be aware of all recent known bugs and issues with PATHWORKS Advanced Server and their workarounds and solutions.
- Be able to better tune and utilize the PATHWORKS Advanced Server.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Basic knowledge of PATHWORKS Advanced Server for OpenVMS.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|