San Diego '99
TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS - Tuning & Troubleshooting
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Networks
- Type: Breakout Session
04:30 PM Duration:
- Karol Zielonko
- Principal Software Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- This session will discuss tuning and troubleshooting your TCP/IP
network. Every network administrator is concerned with optimizing
network performance and having minimal disruption to their network
services. These factors directly impact a company's productivity
and network costs, not to mention the reputation of the network
manager. This session will describe the tunable parts of the TCP/IP
network and provide strategies for correcting problems.
This session will cover the new tuning features of TCP/IP Services
for OpenVMS V5.0 and how to troubleshoot problems with each component, including FTP, SMTP mail, DNS/BIND, the kernel and many more.
- Learn how to tune an active OpenVMS system to handle thousands of TCP
- Understand and troubleshoot common problems in TCP/IP Services components and applications.
- See how UNIX tuning procedures can be applied to TCP/IP on OpenVMS
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- System managers, users, network managers, IS managers with OpenVMS
and/or TCP/IP familiarity.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|