San Diego '99
System Test Measures - What, Why and How
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Integration
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- Howie Dow
- Software Principal Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- Testing, specifically system testing, often represents a major portion of full project. Frequently the system test activity is expected to do more that simply "show it works." In these cases, data to answer questions needs to be obtained. This talk uses examples to show what data would be collected, why that data was needed and how the data would be used. Also we will give examples of things we have tried and that have failed.
- Particpants should learn what system test measures were
selected for various projects.
- Participants should learn why these measures were selected.
- Participants should learn a basic approach (methology) to establishing
what metrics need to be captured during systems test and why.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Project leaders and managers who are defining measures for
system test projects.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|