San Diego '99
System Management with Rooted Logicals & SYS$SYSROOT
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: System Management
- Type: Breakout Session
01:30 PM Duration:
- Arthur Cochrane
- Technical Advisor, Westinghouse Savannah River Site
- This session will show that by adding a logical name to the search list for the system logical name SYS$SYSROOT the system manager can:
- Keep track of almost all the files needed for the system management of a OpenVMS system
- Keep user management files in a structure that avoids the mass of Compaq's files
- Better organize system management
- Know how the logical SYS$SYSROOT is used by the OpenVMS operating system.
- How to add a logical to the SYS$SYSROOT search list.
- Use this added logical to better manager the system management files on an OpenVMS system.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- This seminar is designed for the system manager of an OpenVMS system or VMScluster who needs to knows how to startup and shutdown the system,but would like to improve their techniques on system management. Novice and intermediate level system managers sho
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|