San Diego '99
Stupid DCL Tricks and Diesel Tools
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Hints and Kinks
- Type: Breakout Session
08:30 AM Duration:
- Allen Rueter
- Washington University
- Many one page examples of DCL and its lexical functions, including:
Time changes; Version number packing; Is it a holiday?; Anonymous mail; Finding Sortwork space; Queue cleaning; Conditional execution;
Output without cr-lf; Trapping goto errors; Psuedo pipes; Finding
fragmented files; etc.
- DCL scripting for system management tasks.
- Write date functions in DCL
- Scan for fragmented files in DCL.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- basic DCL
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|