San Diego '99
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Performance & Tuning
- Type: Breakout Session
03:00 PM Duration:
- Richard Bishop
- Software Consultant Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- This session will describe recent changes to OpenVMS Alpha's System
Dump Analyzer and related analysis tools. Attendees will learn about new features that improve system dumps; about changes in SDA to support OpenVMS Galaxy, and about several new commands and
enhancements to existing commands.
Attendees will be introduced to SDA extensions(to be covered in
detail in another session) and will also learn about improvements
to the System Code Debugger, about the new System Dump Debugger and about the Watchpoint Utility.
- Use new SDA commands to examine OpenVMS Galaxy data structures.
- Use new SDA commands to examine system parameters.
- Use the System Dump Debugger to examine dumps involving user-written device drivers
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- This session should precede "SDA Extensions - Tutorial"
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|