San Diego '99
Running DECnet Applications in a TCP/IP Network Environment
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Networks
- Type: Breakout Session
01:30 PM Duration:
- Barbara Karten
- Product Manager, Compaq Computer Corporation
- This session will show you how DECnet applications can be supported
in a TCP/IP network, providing for the coexistence of DECnet and
TCP/IP applications in a pure TCP/IP network backbone. We identify
when to use DECnet over TCP/IP, how to implement it, and how to
manage and troubleshoot the DECnet over TCP/IP capability.
The DECnet over TCP/IP feature enables users to run their existing
DECnet applications over a TCP/IP network backbone, avoiding the need to rewrite DECnet applications to run over TCP, and also avoiding the need to maintain two separate networks. The DECnet over TCP/IP ability also allows the system manager to assimilate separate DECnet networks without reassigning DECnet node numbers. DECnet over TCP/IP is a feature of the DECnet-Plus product.
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot DECnet over TCP/IP
- Use DECnet over TCP/IP to simplify your network environment
- Enable the coexistance of DECnet and TCP/IP applications in a single network environment
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- This session is designed for system managers, users, network managers, and IS managers. This session requires familiarity with OpenVMS and/or networking.
- Required Skill Level:
For those entering a profession/changing technology base
|Return To Top|