San Diego '99
Tru64 UNIX Polycenter Advanced File System &LSM Administration
- Topic Area:
- Track: UNIX
- Topic: System Management
- Type: Breakout Session
04:30 PM Duration:
- William Smith
- Global Knowledge Network
- Compaq Tru64 UNIX offers several file management systems in addition to those which are a part of traditional UNIX systems. This session discusses the underlying concepts of the Advanced File System (AdvFS) and the Logical Storage Manager (LSM), and investigates the tools and methodologies involved in setting up and administering this type of information storage.
- List the features, advantages and disadvantages of the Logical Storage Manager abd the Advanced File System.
- Select the appropriate storage solution to fit their needs based on considerations of features, performance, redundancy and cost.
- List the steps needed to configure and manage the Logical Storage Manager and the Advanced File System.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Attendees should be able to perform typical system administration tasks such as backing up file systems, setting up a swap area, managing traditional UNIX partitions.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|