San Diego '99
Perl/Oracle/Web - An Approach for Simple Applications
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Software Applications
- Type: Breakout Session
03:00 PM Duration:
- Steve Larsen
- Staff Software Engineer/Intranet Manager, American Microsystems, Inc. (AMI)
- Many tools are available for building Oracle/Web interfaces, but for simple applications, using these tools can be like employing a howitzer to kill an ant. A strategy is presented for producing simple, web-based, Oracle applications with short development cycles and happy customers. The DBI and CGI Perl modules are introduced and a complete application is dissected. Much of the discussion may be applied to non-Oracle environments.
- Describe the implementation of simple database applications using
- Provided with Perl and Oracle resources, develop simple
- Find additional, related resources.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Basic Perl and SQL knowledge helful, but not required.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|