San Diego '99
Performance Management - Applying Business Metrics
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Performance & Tuning
- Type: Breakout Session
11:30 AM Duration:
- Tony Scanga
- Technical Manager, Datametrics Systems Corporation
- The only way to get the whole story while managing the performance of computer systems is to measure not only system resource usage, but to correlate those metrics with the business metrics that relate to that usage.
By understanding how the business relates to the computer systems
that support it, one can more effectively plan for changes in the
business. These can be long or short term plans.
In this era of being able to dynamically shift resources from one
application to another, this allows the manager to support resource
shifting to allow for peak periods.
This session presents a case study of how business metrics were
merged with regular performance metrics to gain a fuller picture of
a computer application and how changes in the business correlate
with the system resources.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|