San Diego '99
A Path to Enterprise Systems Test Enlightenment
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Integration
- Type: Breakout Session
11:30 AM Duration:
- Howie Dow
- Software Principal Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- A Path to Enterprise Systems Test Enlightenment - Questions to ask before planning and executing your systems test.
One can regularly read in newspapers and trade journals about failures with enterprise computing systems. These failures can have a dramatic effect on your business, your customer's perceptions of your business and, perhaps the most important, your bottom-line. One way of reducing the risk of system failure is by planning and executing an adequate and appropriate systems test. Come learn some
practical questions that you can put to immediate use when planning your next system test activity.
Learn how to identify areas where you should focus your testing efforts and get clues about areas that can have reduced emphasis. Should you find that you do not have the resources to plan and execute an effective systems test, Compaq's Enterprise Systems
Lab has the talent and resources to help you deploy a first-class solution.
- Participants should learn questions that are appropriate to use when planning system, otherwise known as solution, testing activities.
- Participants should learn how to identify areas where system test efforts should be focused and those that can receive less emphasis.
- People should learn that these questions have been and are used regularly to help define system test activities performed by Compaq's Enterprise Systems Lab.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Participants should either heve deployed or will be deploying an enterprise system.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|