San Diego '99
OpenVMS Secrets Revealed (Wednesday)
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Internals
- Type: Clinic
06:00 PM Duration:
- Stephen Hoffman
- OpenVMS Hat Rack, Compaq Computer Corporation
- The OpenVMS Wizard will lead you through a tour of OpenVMS,
describing programming interfaces and commands that you won't
find listed in any OpenVMS documentation set. A selection of
undocumented DCL commands, mysterious logical names, secret system
services and obscure calling interfaces will be discussed. Examples of specific topics include DECnet and system performance information programming interfaces.
- Describe the perils of using undocumented and unsupported features
- Debug certain classes of problems much more quickly.
- Identify undocumented and unsupported features that may be of use.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|