San Diego '99
OpenVMS Fibre Channel Update
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Storage
- Type: Breakout Session
03:00 PM Duration:
- Lenny Szubowicz
- consulting software engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- This session will discuss the overall concept of Fibre Channel and how OpenVMS has supported this technology to date. Topics will include storage support via switched technologies, as well as configuration guidelines and recommendations. Also covered will be recent ehnancements to the support of Fibre Channel by OpenVMS, as well as planned direction of support of this technology over the coming years.
- Understand the current offerings for Fibre Channel within OpenVMS.
- Understand the directions for Fibre Channel by OpenVMS.
- Understand how the OpenVMS High Availability environment is enhanced by support of Fibre Channel.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Understanding of OpenVMS and/or storage technologies, including SCSI and/or Fibre Channel.
- Required Skill Level:
For experienced professionals in application development & system management; those working on large & complex systems
|Return To Top|