San Diego '99
OpenVMS System Management Techniques, Tools, and Tricks
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: System Management
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Arthur Cochrane
- Technical Advisor, Westinghouse Savannah River Site
- This seminar will present techniques on how an OpenVMS system
can be easier to manage using various techniques not obvious from the Digital documentation.
Topics covered include:
- How rooted logicals can:
- be automatically created at system startup and
- reduce maintenance requirements for the system manager.
- How adding a logical name to SYS$SYSROOT can:
- keep track of almost all the files needed for system
management of an OpenVMS system
- keep user management files in a structure that avoids the
mass of Compaq's files
- How a user created system logical name table can:
- be used to separate site specific logical names from the long
default system logical name table, LNM$SYSTEM
- a case of do as Compaq says not as Compaq does
- Use DCL to manager an OpenVMS system better and have the system files better organized
- Know about some or all the tools available in the OpenVMS System Management Tools for Windows NT CD that are licensed with VMS.
- Understand OpenVMS logical names and how to use them to manage an OpenVMS system.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- This seminar is designed for the system manager of an OpenVMS system or VMScluster who needs to know how to startup and shutdown the system,but would like to improve their techniques on system management. Novice and intermediate level system managers
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|