San Diego '99
OpenVMS Performance Management,Investigation & Problem Solving-How We Find/Correct Performance Probl
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Performance & Tuning
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Bart Lederman & Tom Moran
- Compaq Computer Corporation
- This seminar is an introduction to all of Performance Management and shows you how the OpenVMS Performance Group finds and corrects
problems. The seminar explains why there is much more involved than
'tuning' and shows the key steps in setting up your own successful
An Alpha system is used to review the tools supplied with OpenVMS,
showing how they are used, how information is extracted and how they fit into a performance management plan.
We will then present several in-depth case studies showing the
step-by-step process used in actual investigations. The emphasis is
on showing you why each step was taken so you can learn to conduct
your own investigations and performance management program.
This seminar incorporates material from highly rated symposium
sessions, presented with more detail and additional examples,
and with in-depth case study reviews.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Attendees should have some experience with basic OpenVMS system
management, accounts, privileges and running VMS utilities.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|