San Diego '99
OpenVMS High Availability Update
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Clusters
- Type: Breakout Session
11:30 AM Duration:
- Andy Schneider
- Compaq Computer Corporation
- This session will present an overview of the High Availability characteristics and offerings of the OpenVMS Operating System. Also covered will be an update of the past year's activities in this area, as well as specific directions in High Availability that OpenVMS will be taking over in the coming years. Positioning of OpenVMS versus other environments will be discussed and specific technical areas will be explored.
- Understand the current offerings and directions of High Availability within the OpenVMS operating system.
- Understand how OpenVMS fits with the other offerings in the Business Critical computing area.
- Be comfortable with either a continued investment or a new investment in OpenVMS.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- The need for High Availability computing, and a high level understanding of OpenVMS and/or other operating system environments.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|