San Diego '99
OpenVMS & the Finance Industry
- Topic Area:
- Track: eBusiness
- Topic: Electronic Commerce
- Type: Breakout Session
03:00 PM Duration:
- Robert Watson
- Compaq Computer Corporation
- Compaq and OpenVMS are no strangers to the world of Banking Back Office and Capital Market operations, a world where heavy weight data-processing is required, side by side with the mission critical, disaster tolerant characteristics of OpenVMS.
But itís less well known that OpenVMS is also the power behind a many of the Internet Banking, On-line Brokerage and Web Enabled trading systems around the world. Furthermore, did you know that more than 80% of the worlds Electronic Gaming & Lottery operations also run on OpenVMS?
This session will focus on the role OpenVMS plays today in Capital Markets, Banking and Gaming/Lotteries, with particular emphasis on the partners who work with Compaq/OpenVMS in these markets. Case studies will be presented showing how the drive towards the Internet and worldwide 24x365 operations are being met by OpenVMS for the Finance Industry.
- Describe the role played by OpenVMS in the Finance industry today.
- Describe the new areas of electronic commerce, e-banking and e-brokerage which OpenVMS supports.
- Appreciate how the underlying strengths of OpenVMS in areas of data processing as well as mission critical computing make it popular choice in these challenging environments
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|