San Diego '99
Learn How Compaq Provides NonStop Capabilities for NT Application Server
- Topic Area:
- Track: eBusiness
- Topic: Electronic Commerce
- Type: Breakout Session
01:30 PM Duration:
- Jeff Nester
- Software Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- Compaq's proven Integration and Transaction Processing technology is being componentized and re-engineered to deliver disaster tolerant, high performance components for Microsoft’s Application Server. Learn how Compaq knowledge and experience are being brought to the Windows NT platform in anticipation of Windows NT readiness for enterprise applications.
You will understand how these components can transparently provide disaster tolerance, significant performance improvement, seamless application and platform interoperability,and greater overall reliability. You will learn how these enhancements address the “vendor-lock” concerns many customers have today. You will be able to explain how the combination of Compaq and Microsoft’s Application Server meet the requirements of true NonStop (24 X 7) eBusiness applications today.
- You will learn how to develop and deploy NonStop applications using the Microsoft Application Server/MTS for eCommerce and Compaq "disaster tolerant" software.
- You will understand how to extend the performance and scalability of existing applications with Compaq's Application Server "Plus".
- You will have a better understanding of how you can use a variety of "proxies" and "stubs", which Compaq will provide, as capabilities of its Application Server Program.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Knowledge of Windows NT and MTS applications development and design.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|