San Diego '99
"Back to the Future" with Multi-User Windows Terminal Server
- Topic Area:
- Track: Windows NT
- Topic: Intergration w/Windows NT
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Gary Mauler & Scott Barielle
- Northrop Grumman & NewInfo.com
- The purpose of this seminar is to explore the exciting New World of multi-user Windows Terminal Server solutions that are available today from Microsoft, Citrix, and the rapidly growing number of strategic partners. The “total cost of ownership” is the hot topic today for Enterprise IT organizations that are being challenged by their management to reduce costs and at the same time increase services. It has been documented that a multi-user Windows NT solution can easily save up to 57% of the total cost of ownership over a traditional PC client/server LAN solution. This seminar discusses how multi-user NT combines the best features from the traditional “host centric” environment with the user-friendly distributed “Personal Computing” environment that users have learned to love. This marriage between the old and the new will reduce the cost, improve performance for remote computing, protect your current investment and open up some exciting new capabilities.
This seminar provides a good overview of Thin-Client computing and explains what we mean when we say that it’s like going “Back to the Future”. You will learn about the technology that is being used and be able to develop a long-term strategy for implementing multi-user Windows Terminal Server in your enterprise.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- This seminar is designed for IT professionals with either management or technical backgrounds.
- Required Skill Level:
For those entering a profession/changing technology base
|Return To Top|