San Diego '99
Managing UNIX Desktop Clusters
- Topic Area:
- Track: UNIX
- Topic: Clusters
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- Rochelle Lauer
- Director High Energy Physics Computing, Yale University
- This session presents alternatives for managing and maintaining
a cluster of Tru64 Desktops. TruClusters lacks an option
for clustering Desktops, but Tru64 UNIX provides several
alternatives for maintaining and managing a cluster of
desktops (workstations) in a consistent way. This session examines
the what and why of each alternative.
This session explores these alternatives and gives reasons and scenarios for implementing each alternative.
In addition the session describes how TruCluster integrates with
these solutions by providing highly avaiable and reliable services
to the cluster.
- Understand Options for Managing a Cluster of UNIX Desktops
- Understand How to Minimize System Managment Tasks in this environment.
- Understand How to Implement Highly Reliable Services to the Desktop Cluster
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Some UNIX or VMS System Management Experience
Need to implement A cluster of Desktops that share common services
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|