San Diego '99
MailOne (tm) for UNIX -- An Open Systems E-Mail Solution
- Topic Area:
- Track: UNIX
- Topic: Messaging
- Type: Breakout Session
01:30 PM Duration:
- Stephen Martin
- President, OpenOne Corporation
- MailOne for UNIX is an open systems enterprise messaging server that supports both Internet and X.400 standards and e-mail client of choice including MAPI clients such as Exchange, Outlook and TeamLinks; POP clients such as Netscape and Eudora; and Motif clients running on UNIX workstations or within an X-windows emulator. This session discusses the technical components of MailOne; its capabilities and requirements; deployment options; and future directions. In addition, the session will identify the changes made to Compaq's MailWorks for UNIX product and upgrade considerations for organizations with Compaq's MailWorks for UNIX currently installed.
MailOne, the result of a technology licensing agreement between
Compaq and OpenOne Corporation, offers the most scalable and flexible messaging solution for today's Tru64 UNIX and Linux environment. Compaq has announced the retirement of their MailWorks for UNIX product and in their announcement letter suggested MailOne as an upgrade option.
- Attendees should be able to understand the components of the MailOne
e-mail solution and how is can be deployed across a Compaq UNIX
- Attendees requiring a Tru64 UNIX and/or Linux e-mail solution will
understand how MailOne can be deployed to meet their requirement.
- Current Compaq MailWorks for UNIX customers will understand their
upgrade path with Compaq's retirement of MailWorks for UNIX
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- General understanding of e-mail applications and terminology.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|