San Diego '99
Intro to Crash Dump Analysis for Alpha
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Internals
- Type: Breakout Session
04:30 PM Duration:
- James Mehlhop
- Support Engineer, Process Software Corp
- This session will give system managers of OpenVMS/Alpha the tools
and understanding to be able to isolate the source of many system
crashes. For those cases where they can not identify the source
it will allow them to communicate effectively with DEC and third
party software providers to speed along the resolution.
Discussed will be: 1. Code flow (Alpha calling standards) 2.
Reading the stack 3. Identifying code 4. Understanding Alpha
images and sections 5. Understanding how exceptions are handled
- Isolate source of bugcheck for either reporting to a support center.
- Resolving privileged code bugs
- Better understanding of the bughceck mechanism
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Programing in some language. Internals I and II recommended.
- Required Skill Level:
For experienced professionals in application development & system management; those working on large & complex systems
|Return To Top|