San Diego '99
Intro to Crash Dump Analysis for VAX
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Internals
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- James Mehlhop
- Support Engineer, Process Software Corp
- This session will give system managers of OpenVMS/VAX the tools and understanding to be able to isolate the source of many system crashes. For those cases where they can not identify the source, it will allow them to communicate effectively with Compaq and third party software providers to speed along the resolution.
Discussed will be:
1. Code flow
2. Reading the stack
3. Identifying code
4. Understanding how exceptions are handled
- Isolate source of bugcheck for either reporting to a support center.
- Resolving privileged code bugs
- Better understanding of the bughceck mechanism
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Programing in some language. Internals I and II recommended.
- Required Skill Level:
For experienced professionals in application development & system management; those working on large & complex systems
|Return To Top|