San Diego '99
Intermediate DCL Programming
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: System Management
- Type: Breakout Session
05:00 PM Duration:
- David J. Dachtera
- Sole Proprietor, DJE Systems
- This session builds on the concepts presented in Introduction to DCL Programming. The concepts of file I/O, parameter processing and
parameter list processing are introduced in some detail. Also covered are the concepts of processing files using wild-carded file
specifications and the more advanced DCL lexical functions.
Session notes and examples will be provided on VMS-compatible compact disc (tentative).
- Produce DCL procedures for use in batch and on-line which can process external data and modify their behavior based on the data
- Produce DCL procedures for use in batch and on-line which can examine the VMS system to derive their data and take appropriate action
- Produce DCL procedures for use in batch and on-line which can assist and reduce the workload of the system manager in most installations
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Attendees should have attended the Introduction to DCL Programming
session, or should have equivalent knowledge or experience. The
introductory material will be reviewed briefly.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|