San Diego '99
Installing OpenVMS for the First Time
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: System Management
- Type: Clinic
06:00 PM Duration:
- Samuel Rahenkamp
- System Manager, Westinghouse Savannah River Co.
- This session will present and demonstrate the process of taking a
brand new computer and getting OpenVMS up and running. Topics will
- Basic hardware setup (including Upgrading Alpha firmware)
- Installing OpenVMS and layered products
- Handling licenses
- System Parameter setup
All demonstrations will be performed using an Alpha system. However,
the presentation will cover the differences that will be encountered
when working with a VAX system.
- Understand the steps and procedures involved in setting up a new
- Understand how to install layered products.
- Understand basic hardware setup.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
For those entering a profession/changing technology base
|Return To Top|