San Diego '99
Installing OpenVMS for the First Time
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: System Management
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Samuel Rahenkamp
- System Manager, Westinghouse Savannah River Co.
- This seminar will present and demonstrate the process of taking a
brand new computer and getting it set up and running OpenVMS in a
"production" environment. Topics will include:
- Basic hardware setup (including Upgrading Alpha firmware)
- Installing OpenVMS and layered products
- Handling licenses
- Handling non-system disk drives
- Page/Swap file management
- System Parameter setup
- Handling OPCOM
- Handling Accounting
- Configuring DECnet
- Building startup procedures
- Setting up batch and print queues
- Building a site-wide login command procedure (SYLOGIN)
All demonstrations will be performed using an Alpha system. However,
the presentation will cover the differences that will be encountered
when working with a VAX system.
- Understand the steps and procedures involved in setting up a new
- Understand how to install layered products.
- Be able to set up a starting set up startup command procedures.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- A basic knowledge of DCL is strongly recommended.
- Required Skill Level:
For those entering a profession/changing technology base
|Return To Top|