San Diego '99
Installing & Using Compaq Archive Backup System on OpenVMS
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Backup Strategies
- Type: Breakout Session
04:30 PM Duration:
- Bryan Webb
- VMS Systems Administrator, Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
- This session will describe the steps involved and details learned in setting up an implementation of Compaq's Archive Backup System on a live OpenVMS cluster at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center. Pleasant surprises as well as nuisance problems will be described.
- Decide whether to install Compaq Archive Backup System on an OpenVMS system.
- Decide how to install Compaq Archive Backup System on an OpenVMS cluster or system.
- Plan space for ABS operations.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- General understanding of issues revolving around system backups and OpenVMS system administration.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|