San Diego '99
Improving Your Automated Backup Procedure
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Backup Strategies
- Type: Birds Of A Feather
04:30 PM Duration:
- Dave Hiechel
- President/CEO, EAGLE Software, Inc.
- Highlighting the importance of automated system backups, this presentation will examine various aspects and options of the network backup procedure. It will specifically address a comprehensive unattended solution with Spectra Logic tape storage units and various software solutions. The presentation will focus on heterogeneous backup and storage solutions with a true client/server architecture.
Specific topics to be addressed include a discussion of why tape backups are important to every system manager and system user, and why backups will remain an integral part of overall system management. Methods to maintain integrity throughout backups will be addressed, as will the importance and methods of managing storage media.
- This session will provide an open forum to discuss issues pertinent to automated backups.
- Understanding methods to improve backup performance and management of backup hardware
- Tuning your backup methodology and backup capacity planning and sizing
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- For system administrators currently utilizing an automated backup solution, or for anyone thinking of moving to an automated backup system, this session will provide an open forum to discuss issues pertinent to automated backups.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|