San Diego '99
Implementing AltaVista Powered Information Retrieval
- Topic Area:
- Track: eBusiness
- Topic: Business Intelligence
- Type: Breakout Session
01:30 PM Duration:
- Bob Lehmenkuler
- Compaq Computer Corporation
- AltaVista Search products are being used by thousands of customers to find information scattered across their organizations' web servers, file servers, Domino servers and database applications. AltaVista Search v3.0 is now available. The first half of this session, which includes live demonstrations, will show you the new features and capabilities. Highlights include: new results categorization/data mining features; new database integration utilities; new language based querying using stemming, lexicons, proper name recognition and more. End user and search site administration viewpoints are both covered. You will also hear about the new hardware and software platforms this release supports.
Internal operations, installation, sizing, search site configuration and customization issues are covered in the session's second half. We will use an active AltaVista powered search site to demonstrate capabilities and configuration issues.
- Choose a business/information retrieval situation within their companies to evaluate the AltaVista Search product's performance against their requirements.
- Estimate the technical, manpower and hardware resources needed to implement an AltaVista powered search site.
- Describe how other AltaVista Search product users have implemented their search and retrieval solutions.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Experience with search and retrieval / knowledgement management solutions is helpful but not required.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|