San Diego '99
IPv6 Technology Update
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Networks
- Type: Breakout Session
01:30 PM Duration:
- Matt Muggeridge
- Principal Software Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- IPv6, the next generation of the Internet Protocol, has been in
development for over five years and there are more than 250 sites connected to the worldwide IPv6 test network. An IPv6 prototype
has been running on Tru64 UNIX and OpenVMS for more than two years.
The next generation of the Internet Protocol, IP version 6, contains
many enhancements over the existing Internel Protocol. Network
adminstrators will be delighted with the plug-n-play approach of
this new protocol. IPv6 supports autoconfiguration and mobility
enhancements which removes much of the painstaking work of deploying and administering IP networks. IPv6 offers a vastly expanded addressing scheme, security enhancements and other features that facilitate truly global interconnection.
This session highlights the new features of IPv6, their business
application and how customers can get an early start on this
exciting new protocol.
- Understand IPv6 technology
- Be familiar with Compaq IPv6 offering
- Understand the industry direction and market trend
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- OpenVMS and/or networking familiarity.
- Required Skill Level:
For those entering a profession/changing technology base
|Return To Top|