San Diego '99
Heterogeneous Storage Area Networks
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Storage
- Type: Breakout Session
01:30 PM Duration:
- Len Hayward
- Principal Software Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- You have servers, lots of them, all needing to share storage. They are running different operating systems. Some are clustered and some are not. The critical servers require 24 x 365, No-Single-Point-Of-Failure access to data...
You need a Heterogeneous Storage Area Network (SAN).
How do you build them? What will give you the best today and take you into tomorrow?
Here's help to understand Heterogeneous Storage Area Networks, how to configure them more simply, more flexibly and more reliably, while reducing your total cost of storage and storage management.
- Configure shared storage for a cluster
- Configure shared storage for heterogeneous operating systems
- Configure shared storage for no single point of failure
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|