San Diego '99
Getting OpenVMS Data to the Web - Quickly and Securely
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Data Management
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- Darin Burkenpas
- This session will present how to quickly and securely web-enable your OpenVMS data sources using Windows NT, Office 2000, IQuery and CONNX. Using the Office 2000 tools and CONNX, this session will demonstrate how to create a web site driven by the contents of your OpenVMS databases (RMS, Rdb, DBMS, Oracle). For customers who already have an established web infrastructure, learn how to extend its effectiveness and accuracy by leveraging your OpenVMS environment. For customers who do not have a web infrastructure,
learn how to utilize the latest tools from Microsoft and SolutionsIQ to establish a web solution using your OpenVMS data.
- Keeping pace with "internet speed", learn how to quickly & securely web-enable your OpenVMS data while protecting your current assets & investments.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- General knowledge of web technologies and OpenVMS. Required Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|