San Diego '99
Fighting SPAM on Enterprise Mail Servers
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Messaging
- Type: Interactive Workshop
01:30 PM Duration:
2 Hrs. 30 Min.
- Stephen Arnold
- President , Arnold Consulting, Inc.
- The tide of unsolicited bulk electronic mail is rising and the manager of every Internet-connected mail server is being called upon to do something about it! This two-hour workshop will show you techniques that work keeping spammers off your servers, rejecting spam from the Internet and reporting spammers to authorities who can shut them down. Examples will use mail software found in Compaq enterprise environments. Time will be allowed for questions, so bring printed examples of the span that's been troubling you. Be sure to print "all" the mail headers!
Contents: Protocols:review of SMTP and friends (ESMTP, SASL, IDENT, POP3, IMAP), Relay Blocking:keeping spammers off your servers, Blocking spam:the RBL, RRSS, ORBS, IMRSS and DUL lists, Reporting spam to the proper authorities, and Mail filtering on servers and by end users.
- This workshop will demonstrate techniques that work for keeping your users in line
- This workshop will demonstrate techniques that work for keeping spammers off your servers and rejecting spam from the Internet
- This workshop will demonstrate techniques that work for reporting spammers to authorities who can shut them down.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Management responsibility for a mail server and operational experience with that server and its supporting operating system. This workshop is "not" for end users.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|