San Diego '99
Extended File Cache - Internals & Data Structure
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Internals
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- Ian Percival
- Principal Software Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- A theoretical session describing in some detail how the new Extended
File Data Cache works. This session is for advanced VMS users who wish to understand some of the statistics and displays shown by the
extended SDA utility. The session "Extended File Cache for System Managers" would be more useful for users interested in pure performance optimization.
- Describe the purpose of the major data structures used in the Extended File Cache (XFC).
- Display active cache statistics using SDA.
- Understand how XFC works.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
For experienced professionals in application development & system management; those working on large & complex systems
|Return To Top|