San Diego '99
E-Commerce Java Platform in an OpenVMS Environment
- Topic Area:
- Track: eBusiness
- Topic: Web Project Management
- Type: Breakout Session
11:30 AM Duration:
- Gennadiy Vayngrib
- Chief Architect Parlay Java Application, Information Builders
- This session is intended to familiarize the OpenVMS customer with the ability to build high performance, Java-based e-commerce and I-Net server-side applications and integrate them with enterprise-class systems and data. It is focused on providing the groundwork for an understanding of the supported functions and environments that the Information Builders' Parlay application integration server provides. Included are discussions of the relevant Java component models such as Servlets, JavaBeans and Enterprise JavaBeans, CORBA 2.0 ORB/IIOP capabilities, COM integration and access to legacy systems.
- Develop awareness and understanding of "n" tier computing, component architectures and respective integration issues.
- Develop an understanding of how to integrate current OpenVMS environments with legacy systems.
- Develop an understanding of building e-commerce/I-Net applications on the OpenVMS platform using high availability/scalable server-side Java technology.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|