San Diego '99
Desktop Networking with OpenVMS and Windows NT
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Intergration w/Windows NT
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Michael Stewart
- Software Support Consultant, Compaq Computer Corporation
- This seminar will present the options available for connectivity between client PCs running Microsoft networking and OpenVMS and Windows NT servers. This will include file and print services, mail and messaging, NT middleware, authentication, domain relationships and system administration.
- After this seminar the attendee should be able to describe all options for connectivity, file/print and application interopability. This will include configuration guidelines for domain controllers, servers and network topologies.
- After this seminar the attendee should be familiar with options available for integrating and/or migrating OpenVMS applications and network tasks with/to Windows NT.
- After this seminar the attendee should be familiar with issues and problems that may arise from integrating OpenVMS with Windows NT and the solutions or workarounds.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft networking, Windows 95/98 and Windows NT.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|