San Diego '99
Deploying Web-Based Decision Support Applications
- Topic Area:
- Track: eBusiness
- Topic: Business Intelligence
- Type: Breakout Session
11:30 AM Duration:
- John Bekisz
- Technical Director, Information Builders
- The flow of live and accurate information is critical to the corporate bottom line. By allowing your customers, partners and users to access information directly from your corporate databases, Web-based reporting applications eliminate the middleman and put corporate information directly into the hands of end users who need it most. This presentation looks at how deploying Web-based systems can change your enterprise by making live data -- rather than simply static pages and a few well-placed Java applets -- available on the Web between internal groups - or between your corporation and your customers.
We will discuss how to: choose delivery technologies for your data
design and build an integrated cross-platform - including OpenVMS, Windows NT, and Tru64 UNIX -- knowledge infrastructure to deliver that data using Information Builders Web-based Decision Support solutions
- Learn how to use the Web to distribute business information containing live data.
- Learn how to use client/server technology in conjunction with Web technology.
- Learn how self-service applications are creating greater ROI for businesses.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Familarity w/basic terms & procedures
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|